Ficcions (Database of theatre texts)
“Ficcions” is a project whose goal is to promote interest in contemporary theatre art among secondary school students. This project puts young contemporary writers from the Balearic Islands in charge of writing plays that their schools will later put on. Teatre Principal provides the leaders of these groups (members of the teaching staff, for example) with training, and also allows them to monitor the young writers' progress. The programme's climax will see the youngsters perform the plays that they have written in the Teatre Principal. The three chosen works for the 2019-20 edition of the “Ficcions” programme are:
- Latituds, by Marina Salas
- Desaparició (no)accidental d'uns joves, by Eugeni Marí
- Cors d’aigua, by Núria Rosselló, a secondary school student who participated in last year's “Emerging Voices” programme
Enrolment is free, opens on Monday 11 November and can be completed by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org containing your name and surname(s), school, telephone number and the name of the play that your group would like to perform. The names of the plays that are available to choose from can be found on the Teatre Principal's website.
- Enrolment period: from 11 to 18 November
- Campus dates: Friday 22 and 29 November (it will be possible to have another session in January, if necessary)
- Time: 4:30 pm to 8:30 pm
- Place Can Balaguer (Carrer de la Unió, 3, 07001 Palma)
- Classes and follow-ups: to be agreed between teaching staff and authors
- Date of the performance at the TP: first week of June
This is a perfect opportunity for members of teaching staff who are interested in the world of theatre to receive semi-professional training in producing plays with the support of a renowned playwright and the authors of the plays. This project is aimed solely at teaching staff.
The workshop will be led by the playwright Sergi Baos during the 2019-20 academic year.
More information: 971 219 699 / email@example.com